Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Awww, I missed them...

Finally I'm home. Something changed. There was already a grocery store built just beside my old highschool; Traffic flow became worse; My grandmother bought a videoke CD; most of the branches of the Mango tree in the plaza was cut and a library was built! I missed this hometown. Progress was very subtle and the town pretty much bored me, still, I missed the place.

Hmm, when arrived home yesterday, I wasn't really surprised to see lots of foods in the house. My grandmoter had a habit of cooking and buying loads of foods whenever we came home. She cooked as if the whole street was going to eat! That was not a joke! Bongang bonga kung magluto; akala mo araw-araw fiesta! And of course, since we could not eat those all, most of the foods were given to our neighbors. I missed Inay; it's what we call her, although most of the times we tease her by calling her Donya.

I also hang-out yesterday with my sisters. We went out, catch-up with our lives, bought cake and ate a lot. Speaking of that cake, or should I say cakes, Pola and I were arguing which cake should be bought; she wanted black forrest and I wanted the Rainow cake. We went on asking the lady in the counter which is better. Since we were torn on which cake should we bought, we ended up buying both; petit sizes so we could taste both. It so happened that Pola wanted te taste of the Raonbow cake, ha! I told her it was going to be delicious.

When we arrived home, we watched Brothers and Sisters series but paused it for an hour becasue thet attended the Rooster's Mass. Brother's and Sisters made me feel I was a part of a big family. Maybe this had been one of my frustrations; an intact, big family. We were basically a small family compared to my second cousins; my grandmom, mom, my aunt (her sister,) two sisters and two girl cousins. I always liked to have a family get together, big family, including the extended family. Although some were annoying, but they were still part of the family. There were fights but there were still discussion for understanding and forgiveness. Then there were happy occassion but still more celebratory moments to look forward to. That was why I liked attending weddings, Christening, birthdays and birthday parties and every year, summer swimming, Christmas, New Year...these were the only events we could all be together, the whole family, including the extended ones; it made us big, it made me feel happy.

No comments: