Friday, November 21, 2008

Hold-up! Hold-up!


Damn!

It was my first time to have experienced it. I was held-up yesterday when I was on my way to UST. There were lots of people in the jeep and a man, wearing long sleeves and tie, sat beside me. He then used his jacket to cover my right leg and his left leg. Suddenly, I felt pressure on my right leg, I thought he was just adjusting his position since we were really very compressed inside the jeep. But then he immediately whispered "wag ka sisigaw, celphone mo." So I was in shock and frightened at the same time. I wanted to shout and call for help but everything seems to happen so quickly. He put more pressure on his knife and so my pants were torn, very near the pocket; and since it has been torn, the blade of the knife sliced my skin. The fear I'm having at that moment intensified and it sank to me that this man is serious on getting my phone at whatever means possible. Out of fear that he could do lots of physical damage to me, I gave it, in a very subtle manner, beneath his jacket. It was at that precise moment I gave him my phone when the jeep stop for traffic; so, the hold-upper immediately went out of the jeep and ran.

I was still in shock after the incident. I can't move or can't say anything. I just waited for the vehicle to stop to my destination and went out of it. I went to grad school and found Nikki. I told him the story and Sittie came. I asked her to tell Bonn of the incident. At about 9 in the eve, he came and, together with Zico and Bobby, they accompanied me to my apartment.

This was one hell of an experience. The phone really didn't matter, my life did. Bobby asked me what's the moral of the story, I said "magtrabaho sila!"

To all those hold-uppers, snatchers, and other illegal "ers" out there, have a F*&$%^G sensible life!

No comments: