Thursday, November 20, 2008

Have I Gone Mad?


I wasn't really inspired or that enthusiastic to do things this past few days. Every morning, I play lively music while on my way to school. I have very early class, everyday and so I need to be lively even though my body still wants the company of my bed. But lately, instead of playing loud and waking music, it then suddenly hit me that I wasn't in the mood to hear these stuff. I listen into mellow music, and imagine, early in the morning. Then I go to class explaining the lesson to my students with less enthusiasm. Althoug I didn't compromise explaining the details of the topic, I wasn't really in the mood to explain things in a lively manner. Then there's a lot of papers piled-up in my cubicle, papers that need to be corrected and graded. Let's not forget about the reading assignments in grad school; it's also occuying too much space in my table already. Then two days ago, I had an argument with my boyfriend; and this morning, my sister told me it was her last day of training yesterday, so this means she'll have to go home today and that I'll be left in the apartment alone...again. And lately, lots of things irritate me. Small traffic jam, it irritates me; Slow-walking people, they irritates me; Queue on a counter, it irritates me; Waiting for something, it irritates me. Show-offs, they irritate me; Stupid people, they irritate me; If you have nothing sensible to say then don't talk at all! To top it all, one of my students in Biochem laboratory class accidentally broke a tube containing combustible compound; what happened? we almost blew off! All gas valves are open and so are the burners since experiment involving the use flame is on-going. I specifically told them not to overheat the tube for there is a tendency for it to break; hence, spilling the compound conatined in there which is, by the way, flamable. But no, they didn't listen. So the unlikable happened and if it wasn't for quick wit, the lab could have exploded, including us in it! Grrr! Right now, I couldn't do anything but to have the biggest sigh.

What's with the world lately! Or, what's with me lately? Do I have a period? I am not even anatomically allowed to have one, but what's happening? I tried to find ways to deviate my attention, to do things that could make me feel good and help me go back to my track, but none gave a success. I have tried to approach lots of people, most especially those who are dear to me, for help...but it is unfortunate for me that they're all busy. So what do I do? I hope I could answer that.

Everyday, I'm just looking forward to go home; retire to bed to forget everything that happend for the day. My bed gives me comfort when nothing or no one else could.

No comments: